Saturday, July 26, 2008

A Moving Experience

The Lord, He is good!

I picked up the window motor assembly at 3pm - it had a few more components than I had thought it would. Fortunately, the removal of the old one was simple and the new one installed easily.

After connecting the motor to the switch, I quickly realized that the wires going to the motor were wired backwards, which means that when I pushed the window switch to the "up" position, the window went down. Not good! So, after a few minutes of re-wiring the motor, all was heading in the right direction. (see video below)



While re-assembling the door panel, I had some "issues" with a stubborn door latch rod which insisted on popping out multiple times. The Lord impressed upon me that I needed to be patient and allow Him to use this to develop patience and perseverance. I obeyed and all came together.

The Lord is so gracious to allow opportunities for growth in every day projects. I'm coming to learn (I'm a bit slow at times) that I can learn how to follow Christ more fully and closely through every situation He brings into my life.

This window wasn't working right because the power wasn't flowing through the motor. The same is true for all of us. When we don't allow God's power (His Holy Spirit) to flow through us, we won't work as we were designed. It's only when we yield to His prompting and allow Him to change our hard, defective hearts that we begin "working" as He desires.


Please join me in "flipping the switch" and allowing God's Power to flow through us. When we do, we'll be headed in the right direction.

No comments: