Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I Just Saw Jesus!


I've had this image for nearly two decades. My brother gave it to me. It's a picture of Jesus's face... well, at least what we white Americans portray Jesus as looking like.

Anyway, this hangs on my wall in my Strategic Work Environment (cube) at work. A couple of co-workers and I were discussing it the other day and only one of them could recognize the image. It can be difficult to see Jesus at times.

On Monday, I was talking with the one who wasn't able to recognize the image when, mid-sentence, she exclaims, "I just saw Jesus!" Her excitement overflowed to the rest of us as her "eyes were opened" and she finally realized that we were NOT crazy or trying to pull her leg.

It's easy to miss seeing Jesus because many times He is disguised. He appears in the form of someone serving another, a kind word spoken to encourage, a listening ear or a shoulder to cry on. Most of the time I see Jesus through the pages of Scripture. He has revealed Himself clearly in the Bible. Some of my best days have followed from investing my quiet time reading the Bible, asking the Holy Spirit to open my eyes and allowing the Word of God to show me something I've never seen before.

Have you seen Jesus today??? If you haven't, it's not because He isn't nearby. Slow down a bit and seek His face. Look at a tree, a flower or into the eyes of a loved one. But to see the clearest image of Jesus, open your Bible and read about Him. Once you see Him, you'll never be the same.

No comments: