Friday, August 8, 2008

The Elusive Fan

We found it!!!! THIS is the fan that we need!

Part Photo

It's the A/C Condenser Fan, as opposed to the Engine Cooling Fan shown below.

















After all of this searching, it dawned on me that the initial diagnosis was that the fan wasn't coming on when the engine was started. We thought that we were looking at the Engine Cooling Fan. Now I believe that we were actually looking at the A/C Condenser Fan which should NOT work unless the A/C is turned to the "on" position. That sure would explain a lot!

I'll re-diagnose this and see where the Lord leads me.

Proper diagnosis is 90% of the solution. Once we are sure of the "problem", only then can we prescribe an accurate solution. This is true in car repair, parenting, marriage and life. I am normally too quick to prescribe a solution; which gets me into trouble at times. I think the Lord is showing me to be more thorough in researching the situation BEFORE making a recommendation.

I think we'll be able to save a few dollars on this repair... but I won't know for certain until I invest a few minutes testing, researching and diagnosing. I had a similar thing happen with the Cruise Control on our van, but that'll have to wait for another Post....

Stay tuned....

No comments: